Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Pitter Patter of White Noise

I live in the attic of a 100 year old row house.

Temperature control is a bitch but it's the biggest room in the house. It has a horribly ugly green carpet but is such a cool space that despite it's flaws I do love living there.

One of my favorite things about the room is that my ceiling is basically the roof (see "issues with temperature control) so when it rains it sounds amazing.

I'm not really one for white noise machines but if they could mimic what is sounds like in that room I would sleep like a baby every night. While I usually have difficulty falling asleep, when it's raining and I'm in my room I am out.

With all the stressful things in my life right now, it's nice to have something so small have such a strong effect.

Dear rain, please don't rain on Sundays when I have free time to do things but do rain every night around midnight-2am. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment