Sunday, March 22, 2009

11 lbs lighter

Well weight loss is not always a positive.

Documenting the worst sickness ever. Starting on Thursday I came home from work feeling "a bit off" then as if my body decided all of a sudden it was time for a violent cleansing and that EVERYTHING MUST GO around 8 my insides all decided to come out...whichever way they could the quickest and they often didn't even take turns. My bathtub will never look at me the same. :-/

I never had a fever but at more than 3 occasions throughout the night I hallucinated that there were people in the room with me. Sometimes taking care of me (My mom, Brian, Nick and Jeremy all at different points), sometimes just standing there (the lead singer of The Bird and the Bee and Julia), at one point dancing (Karen) but obviously they never were. Also, for most of the night I couldn't stop hearing music, loudly at all points. It was a VERY strange night. I could hardly sleep and I had to run to the bathroom (thankfully right beside my room) uncountable times. Finally around 2 I mercifully passed out and woke up around 9 feeling a bit more like a human being but still not great. I still had many emergency bathroom trips. I called out from work for Saturday and Sunday just cause I can't imagine being in the middle of a tour when all of a sudden BOOM my body tells me it's time for purge again. My body is not in much of a mood to wait for anything right now.

So before I got sick I happened to weigh myself, after my body had emptied itself violently, out of curiosity I went to check and see how much I had lost in the night from hell and I was 11lbs lighter. I have to think the scale is screwy somehow but if it isn't...whoa. I'm sure it'll all be back tomorrow since I can once again hydrate but still a crazy number.

I am now finally getting over the sickness but and still a bit grumbly. I spent the whole weekend doing my best to hold down food (which never worked until today) and liquids (which worked after Friday. I have now today for the first time been able to eat real food and not feel like it was on the way back up immediately after. So progress.

Now, since sitting up at the computer is even kinda draining for me right now I'm gonna head off and go watch another episode of Six Feet Under. Season 1 was amazing but Season 2 has proven a little slow thus far. I have faith it will pick back up but it may take till Season 3.

Thank God for these pajama pants.

2 comments:

  1. i hopes you feels better, boo boo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Strother!

    How much would it freak you out if I told you... I WAS ACTUALLY THERE DANCING IN YOUR ROOM?! AHHHH!

    Okay. That was a spooky lie. But I'm kind of honored that you brain-tripped me into your casa.

    I'm glad you seem to be doing a little bit better, but I'm so sorry you had such a rough weekend and Thursday :(

    Lots of loveage.

    Freakity

    ReplyDelete