Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A "Me" Day

Well I got to spend this evening all by myself and I have to admit it was great.

While I love my friends and meeting new people (as I have often said) it was really a great recharge for me to be solo tonight. I got home from work and I made some dinner, watched some special feature on Sweeney Todd (a current standard on my iPod for some reason) then came upstairs to do some of my banking. (This is most certainly the low point of my evening. My credit card balance is MUCH higher than I had thought it should be. This whole part time thing has really gotta stop. It's time to catch up on my ever increasing debt. I keep telling myself the fact that I have no student loans is a huge plus but it's becoming more of an excuse than a comfort these days so time to stop that.) Banking (and mild panic attack) finished I went and ran a bath, lit a candle, put on some Iron & Wine and just laid there. I let my mind wander to anything other than money and am getting ready to go write some music if I can feel inspired. I'm off work tomorrow and will continue this "me time" with some yoga in the morning and then I'll probably rejoin the world. Not a very long retreat but a necessary one nonetheless.

Quick recap of recent memory (complete with photos):

-- Saw Avenue Q with Brian on Thursday. Loved the show with the exception of Brian (the character, not the company) who was a vapid black hole on stage. Overall though, very pleased with the show. It was everything I assumed it would be from the music.


--A nice Valentine's day with Brian (the company, not the character). I learned he's quite the cook and I'm going to try and learn as much from this little foodie as I can. He's even convinced me to start watching Good Eats with Alton Brown (he used to annoy but now ole mister Brown is growing on me).


--Went to Coco Sala (the chocolate tapas place) for restaurant week where I had a pretty solid experience. The desert was obviously the best part but the most interesting was the bacon mac and cheese with a thin slice of chocolate covered bacon resting oh so delicately on top. It actually tastes better than you probably would think. Not necessarily a food item I'll be craving anytime soon but fun to say I've had. (The photo is dark, the chocolate bacon doesn't look quite as much like poo in real life.)

-- Going back a bit further I had my League auditions. (Despite the not so shiny website, it's actually quite a big deal. My headshot/resume will be sent out to 60 different companies and about 30 or so got to see my audition.) They went pretty well all things considered. My monologue got a couple laughs and the song was fine. The accompanist FLEW through it but I stayed with him and I think pulled it off just fine. The poor girl in front of me totally blanked about 4 lines into her piece, sadly put her head down, looked up and quietly said "I'm sorry" and walked off stage. Eep. Psyched me out a bit but I just went out and did it. We'll see if anything comes of it. I was pretty proud of what I ended up putting out there and afterwards I had a fantastic day up in Silver Spring. I saw Coraline with Nick and Jeremy (holy crap don't take your children to this, it's a great movie but TERRIFYING for the kiddies) and got to hang out with Nathan and Suze at their place. Some beer, an amazing drunk breakfast at midnight and some philosophical conversation made for quite a great time. (Note: for an even more terrifying movie experience, go check out Mirrors. I watched it with Nick the other night and it's pretty friggin' intense...I'd put up a picture from that but it'd be of a woman ripping her lower jaw off in a bathtub...quite a leap from a creepy spider lady cooking omlets for a claymation blue haired little girl.)

-- Even further back and I had Cathy's birthday party which was a blast. I ruv Cathy and it was great to see her having such a good time. See facebook for photographic evidence of the shin dig.

(Side note: as part of my "Me" evening I took a break right before this to put on a face mask that Sara W. gave me. I've started actually caring about facial products and the like. I know it's pretty super homo to do the whole face mask thing but I can really see a difference in my skin. I guess that's one of the benefits to being gay, you don't have to worry about "looking gay" when you do stuff like take care of your skin. Besides, I think I kinda pull it off in a war-paint sorta way yeah?)


That should wrap it up for this edition of the ole blag. Send me some positive energy if you've got a second...I'm still waiting to hear on my potential job teaching theatre/music/visual art/dance to developmentally disabled adults with Community Concepts Inc. I should know by the end of Feb and I REALLY am hoping for it. I don't wanna talk about it too much but all that good karmic energy you can spare would do me some wonder.

PS: To anyone with lots of blog experience, editing, layout skills, let me know how my photos appear when you read the posts, I spent all sorts of time trying to reposition the photos so the layout seems clean but it looks so different in my editing window and the final published post. Is there anyway to standardize the posting or anything? *shrug* I'm not super concerned but I do like for my stuff to look nice. Help me out if ya know anything.

2 comments:

  1. Sending ALL my good karma your way! You are WONDERFUL! I just put on a clay mask as well! Your photos look good-n-clean to me! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciation to my father who told me regarding this website, this weblog is genuinely remarkable.



    Feel free to surf to my webpage Serina Christine

    ReplyDelete